Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mmmm... Brains


When I was in Madison this weekend for the Wisconsin Badger football game, I witnessed a parade of zombies marching through the streets, protesting for more zombie rights.

According to the zombies, they prefer the word lurch instead of parade, and here’s what they say on their website:

Zombie Lurch!
Tired of your rights as a member of the living dead being violated? Sick of people putting you down or worse, screaming and trying to smash your head with a cricket bat? We don't deserve to be treated like this! We will no longer stand for being viewed as lesser citizens. We need to fight for our rights and demand equal treatment.

The Coalition Of the Living Dead (COLD) will gather on Saturday October 20th at 2:00 pm at the state capitol in Madison Wisconsin and lurch for our rights as zombies. COLD encourages zombies and zombie supporters to come equipped with signs and slogans to make our point. We will raise our voices and we will not be ignored. We will lurch from the capitol down State Street to the Memorial Union.


I, for one, am a supporter of zombie culture. I see nothing wrong with the zombie lifestyle and I know it’s not a choice – zombies are born that way. If two zombies want to get together and do zombie things to each other, I see nothing wrong with it as long as they don’t bother anyone.

But I put my foot down when it comes to zombies getting married. Marriage should be between a man and a woman, not brain-eating zombies!

No comments: