Monday, September 10, 2007

Beer delivery, the new modern convenience


Virginia recently passed a state law that allows businesses to deliver beer to residences. Once again, Wisconsin, the Beer State, falls behind other places when it comes to all things beer.

I can see several advantages to this law - most notably keeping drunk people seeking more beer off the road.

The Virginia law allows retailers, breweries and wineries to deliver up to four cases of beer or wine per delivery to consumers, but the store has to report the amount of purchases to the state once a month.

Four cases seems like a pretty reasonable about. I mean, 96 beers is generally enough for me for one sitting. But here's the kicker, more than four cases of wine or beer or a keg CAN be delivered if the state is notified in advance.

It would be great if my kegs were delivered instead of making Heather pick them up from Discount Liquor, although don't get me wrong, I love Discount Liquor and everything the stand for. Still, sweet advanced notice!

Come on, Wisconsin - GET WITH THE TIMES! When Virginia is more progressive than your state, you know it's time to change! Virginia still has a law prohibiting "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan doesn't make me pick up his kegs.