Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Movies

I recently saw two movies that I recommend.



King of California

Michael Douglas and Evan Rachel Wood

An unstable dad who after getting out of a mental institution tries to convince his daughter that there's Spanish gold buried somewhere under suburbia.






American Gangster

Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe

In 1970s America, a detective works to bring down the drug empire of Frank Lucas, a heroin kingpin from Manhattan, who is smuggling the drug into the country in the coffins of soldiers returning from the Vietnam War.




Here are the ones I saw that I don't recommend:



3 comments:

Ben Osborne said...

I never heard of that Michael Douglas movie before. It sounds interesting.

What's your favorite Michael Douglas movie of all time -- The Game? That's probably mine.

The Transformers was pretty bad. The comedy didn't work for me at all, and it was too focused on the human characters. How much respect did you lose for John Tuturo after watching him chew the scenery is this piece of garbage?

oz said...

I'm a big fan of Michael Douglas. The Game was great, I agree.

I also liked Wonder Boys.

Anonymous said...

The American President by far! :)