Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The $15 drink



Last Friday night Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro sold me a $15 drink. They also sold me two $7.50 drinks, but I'm not worried about those.


The $15 drink wasn't an expensive glass of wine or a 10 year old scotch - this was a cocktail - a cosmopolitan. The same type of drink that City Lounge in Cudahy sells for $5 on Monday nights. The same type of drink that the bar at Hotel Metro in downtown Milwaukee charges only $5 for during their happy hour.



Here's the standard recipe for a cosmo:

1 oz vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz cranberry juice

Shake vodka, triple sec, lime and cranberry juice vigorously in a shaker with ice. Strain into a martini glass, garnish with a lime wedge on the rim, and serve.


I'm not trying to be a cheap-ass here, but $15 is too much for a cosmo. I can understand $8 or $9, but $15 is crazy. I can buy an entire bottle of Absolut Vodka for $20 and make many cosmos. Next time I will.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those curly slices of lemon are really hard to make.

Anonymous said...

Actually last weekend, I bought the cosmo. And I loved it! :)

Anonymous said...

that last comment was me, Heather, not some other girl! :)

Unknown said...

I went to Beer Belly's tonight for a fish fry and paid $5.00 for a pint of Spotted Cow. That was pretty expensive for a place that's almost a dive.