Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown Lager


Last year Leinenkugel's dropped Heather's favorite beer - Apple Spice. Now they are announcing a new winter brew.

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. said today it is launching a new seasonal beer: Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown Lager.

An English-style beer, it contains 4.9% alcohol by volume and has a roasted malt character with amber tones. English two-row malts give it a "maple aroma and pronounced chocolate, caramel and hazelnut top notes," according to the brewer, which said in a press release that the seasonal brew "harkens to a time when multiple generations of the Leinenkugel family would gather with friends and enjoy a special brew crafted especially for the holiday season."

The beer will be available during November and December.

2 comments:

Ben Osborne said...

I'm drinking one of these as I write this. I bought a 12 pack at Pick N' Save on your advice, and the fact that it was on sale.

It's pretty good, but it definitely has that cheap Leiny's taste. It starts out tasting like low quality bowling alley beer, but that wears off quickly and you can then taste some more subtle flavors. I don't know if Heather will like it. It's probably nothing that I'd buy again.

Ben Osborne said...

Okay, I've now finished a glass, and this is my verdict -- it's crap. It tastes like bad beer trying to pass itself off as good stuff, and failing, obviously. I definitely won't buy it again. I'd offer you a glass if you could stop by after work some day this week, but I've been staying until 6 these days.